Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Waiting in Anticipation


This is what it looks like outside my window today. Autumn leaves still linger in the trees in spite of recent rain storms and cold spells. But any moment now, Thanksgiving will finally arrive and then my favorite time of year begins -- Christmas.

Each year, Christmas promises to bring joy and laughter, hope and possibilities, color and light, and the best part, Christmas music. My love for Christmas music knows no bounds. When played, it raises my spirits and always gets in the mood for holiday cheer.

After a rough start this morning, I broke one of my cardinal rules and listened to a Christmas music station on Pandora online. While I know I should have waited for the day after Thanksgiving to start streaming holiday music, I just needed a few holiday tunes to perk up my day and breathe a little optimism back into my soul.

So, please forgive me gods of autumn for being disrespectful to you by ignoring my pledge to not listen to Christmas music until after Thanksgiving. It was a moment of weakness. I'll return to listening to my jazzy, alternative, top 40 pop songs Pandora music station tomorrow. But I will be counting down the days to November 25.

1 comment:

  1. No worries. I just returned from visiting Austin, TX, where Christmas lights are already up. I hope you're feeling better. I love autumn colors! That would be enough to brighten my spirits.

    ReplyDelete