Monday, September 20, 2010

Majestic Jefferson


Photographing the Thomas Jefferson Memorial a few years ago inspired a new gift idea. A friend was leaving DC for a foreign work assignment after living in the area for several years and I wanted give her something to remind her of Washington while she lived abroad. Her favorite monument in town was the Jefferson Memorial. One Saturday morning, I visited the Jefferson Memorial and took pictures of it from every angle to create a photo book of the Memorial.

When I started reviewing the day's photos, I was struck by this one. Jefferson looks so majestic and presidential from this vantage point. This photo excursion helped me develop a deeper appreciation for this beautiful monument and find a new way to see them through my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment