Monday, October 31, 2011

Jesus Duck?


Once the horrible weather that battered the Northeast this weekend cleared, I took a long drive along George Washington Memorial Parkway at sunrise to photograph what remained of autumn's leaves. Along the way towards Mount Vernon at the end of the parkway, I discovered Dyke Marsh Wildlife Preserve.

As a quietly photographed the swimming ducks and geese in the Potomac River which borders the preserve, I noticed this duck standing in the water. It must have been standing on some submerged land, but to the naked eye, the duck appeared to be standing on water.

When I showed this photograph to a friend, she exclaimed, "It looks like Jesus duck!" Although I'm not convinced that I witnessed a miraculous occurrence on Sunday morning, this duck does deserve some credit. Seeming to walk on water is quite an interesting feat, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment