Saturday, December 31, 2011

Charging into the New Year


It's been a while since I've posted on the blog. But, I couldn't allow the year to end without another post.

When I started this photo-a-day blog, I believed it was a commitment I could meet. I thought I could easily take at least 20 minutes every day to post a photograph and share a few thoughts with all of you. In the beginning, finding those blogging minutes was simple. Lately, finding this time has been challenging. As a result, I haven't updated the blog since the end of November. Yikes.

Time is such a precious commodity. This year, I've become even more aware of that fact. Tomorrow is the first day of a new year and while we may make new year resolutions that we fail to keep after a few weeks, here's my 2012 commitment to you (and to me) -- a new post every day next year. No exceptions. No excuses. And not one day missed, because I will be making the time to creatively express my thoughts and perspectives with all of you. If it is the only resolution that I keep next year, it will be worth it.

For my last image of the year, I've selected this close-up of one of the Civil War memorials at Gettysburg National Park. The figure is pointing in the direction of Pickett's famous charge during the battle of Gettysburg, but I like to think that he is pointing at me. He's a friendly reminder to keep my renewed commitment to pursuing photography and updating Via My Viewfinder and charge into 2012.

So, Happy New Year to you and yours, and I look forward to seeing you every day in the new year. Charge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment