Friday, February 25, 2011

Lily Pond


Botanic gardens (which you can find almost anywhere) are great locations for flower photography, however landscape photographers can find ideal subjects for their work there as well. Botanic or botanical gardens display its flowers and plants in their natural habitats, thus creating multiple unique gardens in one location. Garden visitors can travel from a lily pond scene to a sparse desert landscape in just a few steps.

In my photography course in college, we had to create for our final project a series of images connected by a single theme. Since I loved photographing natural landscapes, I chose landscapes as my theme. However, I didn't have the time to travel to multiple locations to photograph five completely different scenes. My solution? I made one trip to The Huntington Library in Pasadena, California, which features 14 different themed gardens. I was able to complete my entire class assignment in one afternoon and enjoyed the beauty and versatility of botanic gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment