Friday, August 26, 2011

Bronson Gate


I'm pretty lucky that I have a job that takes me to such unusual, interesting places. This week, work took me back to California to the famous Paramount Studios lot on Hollywood Boulevard to help produce the Voice Awards.

One of the landmarks at Paramount Studios is the Bronson Gate. It was the original entrance to the studio lot and the inspiration for actor Charles Bronson's last name. It was originally Buchinsky before his agent recommended that he drop the Eastern European-sounding surname during the Sen. Joseph McCarthy and House Un-American Activities Committee-era.

Behind this gate is the Paramount back lot, filled with sound stages that film productions, such as "Glee," "Community" and "Star Trek." Although the iPhone camera didn't pick it up, behind the sound stage 4 is the Hollywood hills. From this vantage point, visitors can see the famous Hollywood sign in the distance.

1 comment:

  1. i think i can make out a tiny glimpse of the sign??
    If we get the Social Inclusion awards, and they are still in CA, I hope I get to go to the next one--4 years (actually you might count a half a year onto that because I worked on Voice Awards freelance from NC) doing quite a bit of design for it and still have yet to go :(

    ReplyDelete