Friday, March 23, 2012

Disappearing Monument


It's been quite a week of Cherry Blossom walking and photographing, although the weather has been less than stellar. Most of my sunrise excursions this week have been met with either fog or rain -- neither good photography weather.

What happened to the warm, sunny weather that brought out the blossoms a week earlier that projected? Who knows. All I'm hoping for is that blue skies and bright days will soon be at our doorstep once more.

However, I must admit that the overcast skies at the Tidal Basin and along the Potomac River created this cool moment where the top of the Washington Monument seemed to disappear in the fog. While grey skies aren't my favorite photo backdrops, I have to admit this moment was fun to capture.

No comments:

Post a Comment