Monday, April 2, 2012

Coastal Flower Rivalry


Last week, I traveled to Northern California for some vacation time.

It was a trip filled with visits with old friends who live in the area, and celebrations of graduations and new adventures. My camera accompanied me on the trip and future posts will feature the best of our photo excursions.

After spending so much time with spring bloom in Washington, DC, the landscapes in Northern California was a big change. While spring arrived there as well, spring looks different on the West Coast. Unlike the plethora of flowering trees on the East Coast, Northern California features more flowering plants than trees in springtime.

Which do I like best? Unclear. As a photographer, I'm fascinated by flowering trees, but flowering plants offer such color and variety that they draw my camera as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment