Saturday, November 6, 2010

Scattered Leaves on the National Mall


Winter is coming and I'm not happy about it. It has been pretty chilly in Washington, DC this week. It was the first time this season, I've had to wear a winter coat every day to work. Needing winter coats, scarves and gloves to stay warm is the first indication that autumn is coming to a close and winter with its snow, ice and wind chill is on the horizon. Urgh.

In memory and in observance of the passing of autumn, I'm going to keep posting my autumn-related photos. I'm going to take an "if you build it, they will come" approach to holding winter at bay a little longer. This photo of a lone tree near the Washington Monument with its autumn leaves scattered on the ground is one of my favorites from last year's autumn photo expeditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment