Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Unexpected Trees


All of the Korean War Veterans Memorial photos I've been featuring on the blog in October and November were all taken on a crisp, clear autumn morning last year. The light was perfect and each photographic moment felt surprising and new, even though I had filmed this memorial many times before.

This image of the red-leafed trees reflected in the memorial wall was unexpected. Only a moment before, I had taken a shot of the statues reflected in the wall. Then I shifted body and the camera slightly, the statues disappeared and were replaced by the trees surrounding the memorial. It's amazing what a little shift in perspective can do.

1 comment:

  1. I am in love with this photo. I keep coming back to it. It's so peaceful! Such a juxtaposition for what the memorial represents.

    ReplyDelete