Friday, March 4, 2011

Green, Blue & Gold


People often ask what are good conditions for great nature photographs. The answer to that question really depends on the photographer. For me, I love crisp, but slightly overcast, days for great photos. My barometer for good photo excursions is looking at the color of the sky. If it is a bright blue, like in today's image, I usually grab my camera when heading out the door. Clear, partly sunny conditions really create vibrant colors in photographs, even if the photo subject is as plain and simple as a park bench or city building. Plus, a few clouds in the sky add drama to the composition. However, if wind accompanies the bright blue sky, you may want to keep the camera at home unless you have a tripod or shoot at a fast shutter speed. Wind often makes either the photographer, camera and/or photo subject move and create blurry images.

No comments:

Post a Comment