Sunday, May 22, 2011

Close-up of Sleeping Cat


As I mentioned yesterday, this cat in Kaua'i was a very good sleeper. Look how close I was able to get without it stirring. I think the best animal photography happens when you can get really close to your subject. When you zoom in, you can focus on the animal's interesting physical characteristics, such as the way the cat curls its body while sleeping or how tiny its paws are. Its delicate white whiskers would not even be visible from a greater distance. While getting as close as possible to photograph animals is ideal, it is a challenging task unless you encounter this sleeping cat, of course.

1 comment:

  1. aaawww... i've got plenty of my Charlie. he's so used to me bothering him while he's sleeping (hugs) that he's learned to not be too disrupted. well, besides for the purring that will begin... :)

    ReplyDelete