Saturday, May 21, 2011

Sleeping Cat


Oh, how I wish I could sleep as soundly as this cat! I'm not a cat person, but I couldn't help but take a few photos of this sleeping cat at a restaurant during my Kaua'i trip. Sleeping near a busy walkway in the restaurant, the cat never stirred throughout our meal. Not bustle of the kitchen, loud conversations of diners or even heavy footsteps on the restaurant's wood floor roused the cat from its slumber.

Sleep has been a limited activity in my life lately. A demanding work and social schedule have sadly reduced my sleep hours. When I sleep, it lacks restful depth. I miss really deep sleep. Even at night, my brain goes a mile-a-minute, so deep, restful sleep is always evasive. I need to learn to sleep like this cat, ignoring all those distractions and interruptions and just sleep, sleep and sleep.

1 comment:

  1. amen, sister! same with me... i can fall asleep almost instantaneously, but when i had a sleep study done, they said i had hardly any deep sleep, which is probably why i wake up tired all the time! and i have the most EXHAUSTING and complicated dreams, but have never found a single doctor, therapist, or psychiatrist that can enlighten me as to why or what they mean...

    and I just want to HUG THAT LITTLE KITTY! :)

    ReplyDelete