Saturday, May 28, 2011

Fountain at Clarendon Market Common


While I tell people I live in Washington, DC, the truth is I actually live in Arlington, Virginia, which is a suburb of the capital and part of the DC Metro area. Living here is like having the best of both worlds; I work in urban DC during the week and then call a more suburban residential neighborhood home. It is a lovely area to reside, but Arlington has it critics, especially of my neighborhood, Clarendon. According to some, Clarendon is an area for yuppies -- young urban professionals. I can't argue with that characterization, or the fact that I now fall into that category these days.

When an area has a Whole Foods, Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrel, Williams-Sonoma and Apple stores within walking distance from each other, yuppies will gather. City designers actually created a special shopping area in Clarendon called Market Common where most of these stores are located. In the middle of this shopping area is a courtyard with a playground and a huge fountain. While window shopping today in Market Common, I was taken with how the summer sun illuminated the fountain and its cascading water. Luckily, I had my camera with me and was able to capture this image. So happy to see summer's blue skies at last!

No comments:

Post a Comment