Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Deer in the Distance


Just before sunset while photographing around the farm house, I looked off into the distance and saw a herd of deer grazing.

Normally, I don't complain about my Kodak EasyShare Z710 camera. With 10X optical zoom, it usually  overcomes the limitations of a typical digital point-and-shoot camera. This moment was not one of those occasions.

As I struggled to capture the deer grazing in the distance, I longed for a digital single lens reflex camera with a lens that allowed me to get closer to the subject without moving from my position and capture clear, sharp images of the herd. In the absence of that ability, I was satisfied with this more artistic composition of a single deer in the distance in front of the forest of trees. It looks so small in comparison to its surroundings -- a fragile beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment