Monday, October 11, 2010

Purple Sunrise


This photograph is the first photo I've posted of the blooming Cherry Blossom trees around the Tidal Basin. I've been holding back. I'm obssessed with photographing the Cherry Blossoms each spring. Since moving to DC in 2005, I've spent at least 2-3 days each spring walking around the Tidal Basin in late March/early April and taking hundreds of photos of these breathtaking blossoms. Over time, I've developed the following Cherry Blossom rituals: track the peak bloom date, avoid weekends and always go at sunrise.

This photo of a lone Cherry Blossom branch backlit by a purple sunrise is one of my all time favorite photos. No color enhancement was necessary for this image; nature provided it all. It made trekking to the National Mall on a cold, dark morning on a work day worth it.

Be prepared. This post is only the beginning. There will be many more Cherry Blossom posts to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment