Friday, October 22, 2010

Sitting Among the Blossoms


Wildlife moves too fast, or at least moves too fast for my amateur photography skills. When I spot animals in a photographic position, I usually take too long to compose the shot. While I'm still composing, the animal moves and the moment disappears. So, imagine my surprise two years ago when reviewing my Cherry Blossoms photos, I discovered these two birds beautifully sitting in one of my photos! I remember attempting the shot, but thinking that the final result would probably be blurry or the birds would be looking the wrong direction. Basically, I thought it was a bust. Instead, in the midst of the Cherry Blossom crowds and noise along the Tidal Basin, these birds sat and posed for me. Photography may require skill and a good camera, but photographers need faith and luck as well, to capture fleeting moments like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment