Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011: The Year of Possibilities


Happy New Year! Welcome to a new year, a new day. Have you determined yet how you will make 2011 different from 2010? What are your 2011 resolutions? As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm planning for 2011 to be a significant year in my life. Starting today, I'm adopting a new attitude and shifting my perspective by applying the following life principles to my decision-making and photography:
  • Walk in faith, not fear
  • Think positively, not negatively
  • Seek opportunities, not obstacles
  • See potential, not imperfections
  • Follow instinct, not naysayers
Bottom line: 2011 will be a year all about possibilities.

Throughout the year, I'll be challenging myself to see the beauty in every moment and to open myself to new paths and adventures. Today's photograph is a reminder that when I let go of fear, negativity, obstacles, imperfections and naysayers, magical moments happen. This unplanned image was taken of the 2010 Cherry Blossoms at the Tidal Basin at the end of a long photo session. At the time, I had no idea that it would be the best photo I've ever taken. I'm looking forward to a year full of these moments. I hope you will join me and welcome the magic of the possible into your new year as well. As they say in New Orleans, "Laissez les bon temps roulez!" or "Let the good times roll!"

No comments:

Post a Comment