Saturday, January 29, 2011

Galloping through the Tulips


Sometimes, great photographs are just a matter of perspective or where the photographer decided to place the camera lens.

When photographing the tulips in Washington Circle last year, I thought it would be interesting to include the statue of George Washington and his horse among the tulips. After struggling to get both subjects into the frame, I found that when I crouched down into a sitting position near the outside border of the circle and photographed the scene in front of me, it would appear as if George Washington and his steed were galloping through the blooming tulips. Digital cameras give us the freedom to experiment without the worry or cost of developing multiple rolls of film. I doubt I would have discovered this great composition if I was counting the number of film frames at my disposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment