Saturday, April 9, 2011

Cloudy Skies


Are you familiar with the Irving Berlin-penned song, "Blue Skies"? Frequently, I find myself singing the song's bridge and chorus:
Never saw the sun shining so bright/Never saw things going so right/Noticing the days hurrying by/When you're in love, my how they fly./Blue days/All of them gone/Nothing but blue skies/From now on.
Although I do love to sing about, and photograph, blue skies, slightly overcast skies can be a more appealing canvas for photographers. For example, this cloudy sky during my recent Cherry Blossom visit created a very interesting post for today. Surrounded by clouds, a little of the sun's rays peaked out and cast a hazy light on these blossoms. Some of my favorite images feature blue skies, but today's photo illustrates how cloudy skies are also prove fruitful for photographers and produce memorable moments as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment