Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pittsburgh Skyline


After days and days of flower photos, I decided to give you a break and share some photos taken during my recent visit to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. A wedding of a dear couple finally got me to Pittsburgh for the first time. We stayed in the Station Square area alongside the Monongahela River and got this glorious view of the downtown Pittsburgh skyline from our hotel after several hours of thunderstorms. While it was a quick weekend trip where travel and wedding festivities kept me from doing much exploring, it was the perfect introduction to a city I look forward to visiting again soon. After being surrounded by so many Pittsburgh people who now live in the DC Metro area, I'm shocked that it took me more than five years to get to Pittsburgh.

Also, this photo is also evidence that windows aren't obstacles to photographing the outdoors from indoors. Depending on how you focus your camera on the outdoor subject, there are always ways to take pictures through glass windows without capturing reflections in your image. If I hadn't mentioned that I took this photograph from inside the hotel, you probably might have guessed that I was standing on the river walk outside when this photograph was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment