Friday, April 29, 2011

Positive Attitude


Now, back to the flowers. My apologies to those who were hoping for a different photo subject, but I just can't help myself! I'm reveling in the arrival of Spring, in spite of its crazy high tree pollen levels in the DC area and its destructive thunderstorms and tornadoes.

While my heart breaks for Alabama and the other southern U.S. states decimated by tornadoes on Wednesday, I need to focus on happier, optimistic stories, like the royal wedding in the United Kingdom this morning, to get through this work day. As unimportant to my life as the wedding of Prince William and Catherine Middleton may be, it served as a bright spot in an otherwise sad and dismal week. So, today we are going to focus on these beautiful flowers that look more like lotus flowers than tulips. They are a reminder that like these tulips, we are also adaptable. If we put our mind to it, we can easily change ourselves or our outlook from negative to positive; from trauma to resilience; from hopeless to hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment