Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Finalist in 2011 FotoDC Cherry Blossom Photo Contest


Recently, FotoDC announced that one of my Cherry Blossom photographs, which I featured in my January 1, 2011 post and posted above, was selected as one of 100 finalists in their 2011 Cherry Blossom photo contest! More than 2,100 photos had been entered, and although this photograph did not win or place, it is so exciting and rewarding to be selected as a finalist.

This was the first time that I've entered one of my photographs into a competition. I've always been nervous about my photography being critiqued and judged. I think that this first competition experience has lessened my anxieties and I'll look for other contests to enter photographs from my portfolio. In the meantime, I'll keep sharing my favorite images with you on the blog!

FotoDC just posted the YouTube video below of the winning entries, as well as the finalists. If you advance the video to the 1:25 minute mark, you can see my entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment