Thursday, April 21, 2011

Pink Gerbera Daisy


Q: What does a landscape photographer shoot during a wedding reception?
A: The flower table centerpieces, of course.

Don't be alarmed; I also took photos of the blissful bride and groom and good friends attending the wedding. But, the centerpieces and bouquets of pink and magenta gerbera daisies drew my attention and became the photo subject of several images.

I agree with the following assessment of daisies, especially gerbera daisies, featured in the movie You've Got Mail with Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan:
Kathleen Kelly: I love daisies.
Joe Fox: You told me.
Kathleen Kelly: They're so friendly. Don't you think daisies are the friendliest flower? 
Yes, Kathleen, I do. These pink gerbera daisies were so welcoming and seemed to encourage us to linger at our table during the reception gazing at them. Gerbera daisies were one of my parents' favorite flowers to plant in our front and back yards. I grew up with garden beds full of yellow, orange and red gerbera daisies, but somehow, my parents never managed to plant pink ones, like the ones in Becky and Lou's wedding reception centerpieces. It's a shame really; pink is such a happy color for these flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment