Thursday, December 23, 2010

Federal Triangle Flowers


On the Woodrow Wilson Plaza of the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in downtown Washington, DC rests two cast-aluminum flower sculptures. Until I prepared today's blog post, I didn't know that another flower sculpture existed in the plaza. Apparently, the Federal Triangle Flowers -- named after nearby the Federal Triangle Metro station -- are a pair with a single stem rose (today's photo) and a lily on the opposite side of the plaza.

It just goes to show how you can visit a place many times and still not fully see it. Although I frequent the Ronald Reagan Building for work, I am so focused on getting from the Metro station to the building that I don't take in my surroundings unless it is directly in path. I'm planning to work on this issue in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment