Thursday, July 21, 2011

Looking at the Sun


I love challenging my camera to zoom in and get as close as possible to my photo subject. Often, it reveals a different side of the photo subject. Close-up, the center of this sunflower takes center stage and forces the blue sky and vibrant yellow petals to become supporting players in the scene. The sprial pattern of the sunflower's florets draws your eye while the center's darker color provides contrast to its surrounding lighter-colored petals.
The sunflowers at Ten Barton Community Garden also caught the interest of lots of insects, including several bees who keep landing on the florets and ruining my image. Between you and me, I'm not fond of insects. While some nature photographers believe including bugs in your composition adds character, I think they draw focus from my true target -- the flowers and plants they landed on.

No comments:

Post a Comment